- The applicant may not have received a scholarship from ATA during the past five years.
- The scholarship is intended to support valid study/learning opportunities related to the art and craft of hand woven tapestry.
- Funds will be paid directly to the institution or teacher.
Requirements for scholarship recipient
- Scholarship recipients must submit a written report to the Director of Awards, accompanied by images, about the study/learning opportunity within three months of the funded study opportunity.
- Scholarship recipients will submit an article to Tapestry Topics, ATA’s newsletter, related to the study within three months of the completion of the funded study opportunity.
- Digital images of at least two completed tapestries and, if possible, a work in progress. Submit a detail for each tapestry.
- Name of the course of study, website and/or a scan of the class description; contact information for school or instructor.
- Information about the content of the program & an explanation of the benefits to the applicant. All of this shall be no more than 150 words.
- Total cost of the program and the amount requested. Please itemize the expenses, e.g. tuition, materials, transportation, housing, and also include the amount that you can fund through sources other than the scholarship.
Application Deadline: March 31 and September 30.
Notification: Within 3 weeks of the application.
Complete the form below to be considered for the award.